Sunday, January 15, 2012

On the road again...

Facebook message to me from Aunt Jeannie on 1/15:
"Hi Barb and Todd. Well, the boys left this afternoon. Heading toward Savannah, Georgia. It's just a few hours from here. I sent them on their way with full belly's, and well rested. I don't think they ever stopped eating. And believe it or not, they were in bed asleep by 9:30 every nite. Up early the next morning , ready to eat again. Ha ha They were very respectful , talked about their travels. Pher enjoyed watching the tape of you folks Zip lining and got a kick out of how young he was when we had Grandma Hornes 85th Birthday and you all met our son. Anthony also is a sweetie. SO, we wished them a safe journey, and a good adventure. I'm sure he will keep in touch with you. Love ya, Aunt Jeannie"

So now I'm a little fuzzy and this is where "real time" blogging would have been useful. After Atlanta, Pher and Anthony got on the MegaBus and headed to Orlando. Gypsy headed to Savannah on a train. The "bus boys" met a couple of young ladies on the bus who talked them into getting off in Gainesville and going to an open mic night with them. So, they did.

After they played music in Gainesville, they took a bus to St. Augustine. Christopher called from St. Augustine to let us know all was well. I asked if he remembered visiting the town when he was 10. "Yes, I remember, but then I was into the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. This time I'm into the history and architecture of the city." He was enjoying the country's oldest city and the beach.

Todd and I believe that he is going to find his place to settle through experiencing it. He will not be moved to a city for a job or for a person. He will be moved by emotion and fulfillment. This super intelligent son of ours has an old and romantic (Definition: imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc.) soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment